Thursday, June 30, 2005

these posts are really boring

Although it may seem like I have hit my peak as a blogger, please dont worry - the good stuff is still to come. I just need to remember to bring my camera out and take more pictures.

Procrastination is a very common theme in my life. I still haven't finished those papers that were due last month. I am working on one of them right now, I am going to try to finish it tonight. Tomorrow after work a friend and I are going to rent a car and go up north and go hiking. So i want to get these stupid papers out of the way before I go, they are making me so anxious!

Look at this link Julie sent me, talk about sugar-coating a horrible illness http://www.msud-support.org//. Calling a deathly disease "Maple Syrup Urine Disease" is like calling Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Melted Tootsie Roll Feces Disease." I guess it is pretty easy to self-diagnose yourself with a name like that, though, you dont have to keep track of what signs and symptoms correspond with what illness. Its not like, "ohhh, my hands are shaking, do I have parkinsons or MS?" Its, "oohh, my pee smells like maple syrup, I must have MSUD."

OK, now I am going to get back to this paper. This blog is a great procrastination tool!