Friday, June 24, 2005

A post a day...

I am going to try to update daily. As someone who reads a lot of blogs, I know that the most interesting ones aren't neccessarily the ones from ppl with the most eloquent writing, the coolest photos, or the most fascinating lives, but the ones who update frequently!

Today, Friday, is really Saturday, and Saturday is really Sunday. That's how it works in Israel, at least. The weekend begins Thursday night and people don't work on Friday and Saturday (because of Shabbat). When I lived in Jerusalem, this wasn't necessarily a good thing, because NOBODY worked from Friday afternoon through Saturday evening. (ie coffehouses, movie theatres, all the stores were closed.) In Tel Aviv, though, people are a little more secular so places will stay open on Shabbat. Not everyplace, but enough so if a heathen wants to get a cup of coffee, she can!

I am going to try to finish my papers that were due last semester so I can wipe these incompletes from my transcripts. I think I will go work on it at one of those cafes.

Oh, I am going to try to do a photo a day, too. So here is one of my kitchen:
door and kitchen