Monday, June 27, 2005

a social experiment

Last night we went out to eat for Nicole's birthday dinner at this place called Kyoto Salsa, a restaurant that is a blatent rip-off of Sushi Samba in Manhattan - same menu, same decor, etc.

After dinner we went club called Ehrlich in the Port of Tel Aviv. Apparantly it is a tapas bar, but I didn't see any tapas. The place was packed (if there had been a fired we would have all been screwed), and I was getting a little bored standing around people watching. How could I spice things up?

See my mischevious grin:
IMG_1583

It's because I have an idea. I am wondering if I can get a random person to take off his shirt. I find my victim. You can't really tell in the photo, but the white on his shirt is glittery.
IMG_1590
Me? he asks. Yes, you!

After some persuading ("men in israel are not allowed to be in bars with no shirts, I will get kicked out"), he agrees to do it for the birthday girl. I told him that the minute he walked in the door, Nicole said to me, "wow, I love that shirt." (lie) Here he is taking it off:
IMG_1591

And handing it over. I think the girl in the background wants in on the action:
IMG_1592

Here, let us help you.
IMG_1593


It's a perfect fit!
IMG_1598


Some awkward standing around.
IMG_1595


All done.
IMG_1599