Sunday, August 21, 2005

Part III

I can't sleep, so I will update again. I think the couch I am sitting on is infected with fleas or something, because I have all these little bites on me.

Let me think about where I left off... Oh yeah, coming back from Sinai. On our return, we rented a car in Eilat (after spending the afternoon snorkeling in Eilat), and then drove up that night to the base of Masada, by the Dead Sea.

The three of us, (Lauren, Zach, and me), planned on waking up at 4:30 am to hike to the top of Masada to watch the sunrise (it's the thing to do...), but as you can see from the picture, someone decided to sleep in instead.
DSC00321
I still had my cold, which I am going to blame for my slowness in getting up the mountain. Lauren sped right up, though. Luckily I was not as sick as the American we saw at the top, puking in the ruins...

After a leisurely Israeli breakfast back out our hotel/hostel (which was really nice, btw), we headed over to the Dead Sea. The temperature must have been over 100 degrees, and the Dead Sea is really warm, too.
DSC00335
Don't worry, our faces are not burnt to a crisp, we have the dead sea mud on.

We took off from the Dead Sea and headed back to Tel Aviv. We stopped at Cesaria, and then had dinner in Netanya, which was very nice. The town was overrun with Frenchies! The menus there are offered in Hebrew and French (which was nice for Lauren).

THe next part of Lauren's stay was centered more around Tel Aviv, because I had to work that week. It was also Nicole's last days in Israel. We had a going away dinner at Nanunchka, a cool Georgian restaurant.
(PIC TO COME)

What should I have to drink? To find out, go here
(PIC TO COME_)
Goodbye, Nicole.

Near the trendy port area of Tel Aviv, there is this thing called the slingshot. It's a ball attached to bungee cords - you get in the ball and get flung in the air.
DSC00354
Lauren and I did it.

Fun, but tame compared to what we did that next weekend. At first we were going to go to the Sea of Galilee. On the bus there, I called a sky-diving place near Haifa to see what the deal was, and they told us they had availibilty that afternoon. So, we got on the bus and hopped on another one, toward Haifa. The sky-diving place was near this beach called Habonim, some of the nicest beaches in Israel.

(PICK TO COME)

My internet access is sketchy right now, so I will finish this up and upload the photos later. Goodnight.